Sorry, We're No Longer Hiring
The Executive Assistant and
Specialist in Digital Marketing & Relationships position
has been filled. Good luck with your search!
Please read this entire job description thoroughly to apply.
This role starts as an independent contractor position with opportunities to advance.
The Couples Communication Institute is on a mission to help create healthy, calm relationships where both partners thrive. We believe couples who communicate can bring their mutual support and energy to life, giving their best gifts to each other and their families, communities, careers, and the world. We proudly serve ALL those of any relationship status, gender identity, race, religion, ethnicity, and sexual orientation.
The Couples Communication Institute was founded by Dr. Sarah Salzman, a leading Couples Psychologist with over 30 years of experience helping couples create the relationship they always longed for. Now, that same high-level expertise is being made available worldwide via online programs accessible from the privacy of your home, without going to therapy.
Your hybrid workweek is a mix of classic and contemporary. You get a modern, online-based work environment in a highly professional work culture. You'd spend some time working in person in Shoreline, and most of your time working remotely with our small yet mighty team.
Using your stellar administrative experience and communication skills, you'll know your efforts are supporting couples to thrive as you aid Dr. Sarah as her lead assistant. Laser-focused and self-motivated, your love of learning infuses energy into mastering new software, building company systems, and seeing ideas through to the finish line.
As you tackle tasks with efficiency (and attention to detail a microscope would envy), you're quick to pivot when needed and curious about every piece of the picture, big and small. You find it exciting to support a small business with purpose as it grows. And you love getting an insider's peek into how an online business advances in its field.
You love that your positive attitude and professional manner are genuinely appreciated. Because at the Couples Communication Institute, everyone prides themselves on presenting professionalism and expertise in all products, marketing, and communication.
Your position will include tasks and duties in at least these three main areas:
- Your ability to remember details and big-picture objectives makes you a key A-player in CEO meetings, ensuring every idea gets noticed, remembered, and acted on promptly.
- Your excellent judgment and positive, up-beat nature help move the company forward.
- Making friends everywhere you go, you leverage Dr. Sarah’s many connections by enthusiastically promoting synergistic affiliate partners, and encouraging them to effectively promote the Couples Communication Institute in return, to increase sales.
- Scrolling has a whole new meaning as you research, envision, create, and take action on sharing important messages for couples that promote, educate, connect, and inspire.
- You're so organized that it's a breeze to oversee emails and messages coming in, whether from customers, business partners, or team members. And with time management skills like yours, consistently checking in on ongoing projects and checking off high-priority tasks brings that warm and fuzzy good-day-at-work feeling.
HOURS, COMPENSATION & SCHEDULE
- 15-25 flexible hours per week depending on skill set
- Availability during unscheduled hours is sometimes needed for troubleshooting or answering quick questions
- Compensation: $20-40/hour to start
- Close to Shoreline, WA, with dependable transportation
- Present for both in-person meetings with the CEO, and remote work
- Have a computer and internet access
- Opportunities to grow in compensation, bonuses, hours, & responsibilities as you help to develop the Institute and reach sales goals. When we win, you win.
YOU’RE RIGHT FOR THIS POSITION WHEN YOU’RE:
- Kind, warm, and patient, but also firm
- Trustworthy, caring, and considerate of others
- Excellent judgment, listening skills, and emotional intelligence
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, upbeat, and positive
- Persuasive and comfortable with selling something you believe in
- A creative and resourceful thinker
- Self-motivated and works well independently
- Excellent at organization and memory
- Able to calmly manage and prioritize many projects at once
- Top notch at attention to detail, follow-through, fulfillment, orderliness, and making sure things don’t fall through the cracks
- Sending an application cover letter that begins with "I want to be on your team."
- Someone who prides themselves on working quickly, efficiently, and accurately
- Punctual, and capable of easily meeting deadlines and goals
- Outstanding when it comes to verbal and written communication skills
- Intellectually curious, and a logical thinker
- Ending your application cover letter with “Looking forward to discussing the position.”
- Comfortable taking ownership and resolving situations when a problem arises
- Looking forward to the challenge and the opportunity to show off your super skills!
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- College-level proficiency and outstanding skills in verbal and written English with impeccable spelling, grammar, and proofreading
- Proficient in Google: Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets (Bonus: Admin, Analytics)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Comfortable with digital/online marketing business models
- Marketing and ad copywriting
- Basic bookkeeping
- Good time management skills
- Quickly learn and teach yourself new tech and software – we use ActiveCampaign, WordPress and plug-ins, ClickUp, Adobe Suite, among others
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- ActiveCampaign or experience with similar complex email management
- WordPress and page builders – we use Beaver Builder
- LifterLMS or experience with similar LMS plug-in
- ClickUp or similar productivity software
- Online ad campaign creation & management
- In-depth knowledge of Instagram, Facebook
- Content creation of social media, blog posts, and emails
- Editing and ghost-writing e-books and video scripts
- Interest or background in psychology and/or relationships
- Experience with digital marketing funnels
- Adobe: InDesign especially, and Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Premiere Pro
TO APPLY NOW:
- Why you are interested in this job
- Why you feel you’re a good fit with our team
- The areas in which you have the most experience and greatest strengths
- Where you heard about this job
- Attach this pdf with the file name “(Your name First and Last) Couples Communication Institute Executive Assistant” to the application.